Nigeria And Niger Sign Pact On Terrorism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gunshot
New
New
Posts Posts : 7
View user profile

PostGunshot on 19th October 2012, 12:21 pm

An agreement on Joint Border Patrols along the border between Nigeria and the Republic of Niger was signed yesterday between the two countries with a view to tackle crime, including terrorism.

This is the outcome of President Goodluck Jonathan’s trip to Niger for the sixth session of the Authority of the Nigeria-Niger Joint Commission for Cooperation.

Jonathan met with his Nigerien counterpart, President Issoufou Mahamadou where the signing of the agreement by the foreign affairs ministers of both countries took place.

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs II, Dr. Nurudeen Muhammed signed on behalf of Nigeria, while the Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs Co-operation, African Integration and Nationals in Diaspora, Mr. Mohammed Bazoum signed on behalf Nigerien government.

The agreement signed in Niamey, the capital of Niger, also directed the two governments to provide envisaged funds and required logistics for the exercise while ensuring joint efforts for the completion of the road construction work of all remaining stretches and the feasibility studies of rail links aimed at connecting both countries.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37982/2012/10/19/nigeria_niger_sign_pact_terrorism.html
Weapon
New
New
Posts Posts : 9
View user profile

PostWeapon on 19th October 2012, 12:41 pm

GEJ, I would say he has taken a bold step but how will this help the country?

I don't want to live with only dreams, I want to be living my dreams - I want them to be my reality.
Xmonks
New
New
Posts Posts : 5
View user profile

PostXmonks on 19th October 2012, 12:51 pm

Why would they just go for all these Muslim countries
Deyongs
Posts Posts : 30
View user profile

PostDeyongs on 19th October 2012, 1:08 pm

Ashamed

One Wrinkle is created from every 2,000 frowns :dull:
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

New topics in same category

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum