POPE BENEDICT TO RESIGN AT END OF THIS MONTH, FEBUARY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Decency
Helper
Helper
Posts Posts : 39
View user profile

PostDecency on 11th February 2013, 7:48 pm

The 85-year-old Pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals on Monday morning.

"After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths due to an advanced age are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry," he told the cardinals.

"I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiriual nature, must be carried out not only by words and deeds but no less with prayer and suffering.

Vatican spokesman, Federico Lombardi said: "The Pope announced that he will leave his ministry at 8:00 pm (1900 GMT) on February 28."

He becomes the First Pope to Step down in the Century.

God Bless the Pope!!!
Queen
Posts Posts : 39
View user profile

PostQueen on 11th February 2013, 8:15 pm

I dont even know that popes also resign
Nnamdi
Posts Posts : 29
View user profile

PostNnamdi on 13th February 2013, 6:01 pm

By SaharaReporters, New York
President Goodluck Jonathan has applauded the “exemplary wisdom and courage” of Pope Benedict XVI in voluntarily relinquishing the Papacy on account of his advanced age and growing inability to keep up with the physical and mental demands of the office.
The Pope yesterday announced he will be retiring at the end of this month.
In a statement by the presidency today, Mr. Jonathan wished Pope Benedict a very peaceful and restful retirement.
“The President trusts that even in retirement, Pope Benedict XVI will continue to contribute to the spiritual well-being of the world inevery possible way and that he will continue to offer prayers to God Almighty for global justice, equity, peace and progress,” the statement said.
He also prayed for wisdom and divine insight for the College of Cardinals to elect a worthy successor who will build on Pope Benedict’s commendable achievements as head of the Catholic Church.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-hails-pope-benedict-xvi%E2%80%99s-courage-and-wisdom

Laugh it Out Or Die Frowning
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

New topics in same category

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum